Dec 16 2009
Yes, unfortunately we do eat lipstick. Women on average eat 4-7 pounds of lipstick over a lifetime. I know we all love lipstick…but not that much!
RAW Natural Beauty recently produced a provocative video to inform beauty mavens that the average woman may ingest up to seven pounds of lipstick in a lifetime. YouTube actress Stevie Ryan is featured in the short film getting glam–seductively applying red lipstick and then fanatically devouring the waxy matter and tons of other beauty goods on her vanity. Um, gross!
Before hitting the shelves, cosmetics are not subject to FDA approval. That is pretty damn scary! The FDA is not authorized to recall hazardous cosmetics from the markets. Thank god for companies like RAW to get us more aware that we are actually eating lipstick! Lead is not by any means harmless and I will definitely be more cautious when I am wearing lipstick. Yuck!
Check out the video RAW made, it’s pretty funny and pretty gross but gets to the point!
- Newsweek Guilt Trips Us For Our Beauty Buys
- Interesting Statistic About Women & Shopping… We Know The Two Go Hand-In-Hand
- Foundation Index Sticks It To The Lipstick Index
- The Evening Scoop: Bullock’s Beauty Tips, Horrible Disney Monorail Crash, and Madonna Pays Tribute to Michael Jackson
- If You Didn’t Already Know Men Dominate Advertising